Friday, May 24, 2019

The Trip - Part 3

After the visit with my sister, we headed out the next day to Zeeland, Michigan to visit with my Percival cousins on day 15. It had been a while since we last saw them, and we had a really nice visit. My cousin, Mary, made me these cute potholders and a scrubby for the RV. The first thing I used was the scrubby. I love it. The potholders haven't been used it. I'm looking for a place to hang them. They're really too cute to use.

We started the homeward trek on the 16th. Our intention was to spend two nights on the way home but the most convenient campground had no openings, and we were within reach so we headed home. For most of the trip, our Garmin RV 770 led us true. On the last leg of the trip, it confused us and we made a wrong trip. My reaction was let's turn around and go back and get on the right road. Instead we followed the Garmin. Garmin did not know about a bridge being out and led us through to where we had to follow a detour on country roads. OMG. I was never so glad to get out of Kentucky and back in Tennessee. So it was on the 17th day, we arrived back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment