Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Are You Handy or Do You Have Money?

A close friend of mine, when informed that we were buying our first RV, told us to be prepared to either pay for repairs or be handy.

She didn't actually say anything about not breaking things.

On our Dynamax Isata 3 series, I forgot to do something about the third time I brought the slide in. I forgot to move the driver's seat forward enough. Crack. I broke off a piece of trim. I glued it back on. If that's the worst I do, I think we'll be lucky.

I probably forgot to say that I am the primary driver of this vehicle. And I'm happy with that. What amazes me is how quickly I adjusted to the "no rearview mirror" aspect of an RV and using the gigantic side mirrors. Our "Izzy" also has a rearview camera, dash cam and two side cameras which give you a great view of your turns.

I can pretty much back into our driveway using the rear camera and mirrors. For someone until this year never drove anything bigger than a minivan, I think I'm doing well.

Thanksgiving is coming up fast, then Christmas, then the new year. Hoping 2019 has many adventures for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment